Block USB Port To Avoid Datastealing
By Sarthak Verma
Many people feel the insecurity whenever someone else uses their computer, especially without any prior information. It is mainly because one might have some data which he/she don’t want to be seen by anyone else.A big amount of data is mainly transferred through USB ports.This is because of the high rate of transfer through USB and so if you also want to protect your data then you can do so by blocking your USB ports.
These are some methods to block USB ports:-
# 1: Block USB port by changing the registry
In this, we change the registry values in order to block the USB port in windows, the process is very simple and here are the steps:-
- Step 1: From your desktop press Windows button + R that is Win+R.
- Step 2: A “run” window will be opened and in that type “Regedit”.
- Step 3: Soon the Registry Editor window will be opened in which follow these steps:-
A) At left-hand side in Computer option go to HIKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
B) Then SYSTEM
C) Then CURRENT CONTROL SET
D) Then SERVICE
E) Then USBSTOR
- Step 4: Within “USBSTOR”, you will see START at the right side of the Registry Editor window in the column of NAME.
- Step 5: Double Click on START and a small window will be opened.
- Step 6: Now write 4 in Value data to disable USB port and if afterward, you need to enable it, change it back to 3.
- Step 7: Now click on OK and close the Registry Editor window.
Voila, you’ve successfully blocked your USB port.
If this method didn’t worked for you, don’t get sad.Let’s try together once again following the second method.
# 2: Block USB Port By Disabling USB Device Manager,
This method works positively because in this we directly access USB ports. The steps are as follows:-
- Step 1: From Desktop, Right Click on My Computer and select Manage.
- Step 2: A new window will be opened and at the top of that window Computer Management should be written.
- Step 3: Now click on System Tools, and choose Device Manager.
- Step 4: In Device Manager look for Universal Serial Bus Controllers(USBC).
- Step 5: Right click on every USBC and disable all the drivers
- Step 6: Restart the computer, if needed.
Congrats! You’ve successfully done it.
Want our new articles before they get published?
Subscribe to our Awesome Newsletter.